More than 600 people from the health and social services sector met at the Amaya Theater in Madrid during a moving ceremony where respect and dedication to caring for the elderly were valued. said that she was very happy to thank the commitment of all these Josefina Fernández, Ceo of DomusVi Spain this ceremony is a small thank you to all the of individuals and institutions that help improve the quality of life of older people but the best reward is always "the happiness and the smile of our elders" in our residences. During this second edition, the DomusVi Foundation has distinguished the following initiatives within the different categories:
- Primary and secondary schools: Casa do Neno School A Coruña and Sil School in Barcelona and IES Goya Park in Zaragoza were awarded
- Best study or research project on the elderly: The winner is the student Sara Clota from the Canigó Institute of Almacelles, Lleida.
- Active and supportive older people: The Cemit classroom in the city of San Sadurniño has been awarded for the "Teño unha horta" project. And the second award went to the AVIMEX Association of Zafra, in Badajoz, for the project "School for Freedom".
- Professionals of the sector: Best practice in the care of the elderly. The project "Integrated Management of Pain in Patients with Advanced Dementia" Clínic Hospital in Barcelona and secondly, the work "Singin 'you" of the complex Hospitales de Malaga care received the first prize.
- Professionals within DomusVi: Best practice in the care of the elderly. In this category, the initiatives carried out at DomusVi Ourense Barbadás on "Detecting stereotypes related to the aging of the residential population" were distinguished; at the municipal day center of La Magdalena in Madrid, for the intervention project for elderly people with cognitive impairment "Neurotalent"; and special projects have been awarded on the basis of the potential of the music performed in the residence DomusVi Ciudad de Badajoz "Flamenco to remember" and Casta Mentalia Puerto de Valencia, "La música del alma".
- Media: The "Live Together" program Galega Radio has received the award in the category of local media and the national section of the "Family" and ABC program "together, step by step" RNE has received a reward.
- Innovation in the field of social health: The work "of the cell therapy following a traumatic accident" carried out by the Autonomous University of Madrid and the hospital Puerta del Hierro and a second prize to the project Protect Technology PROTTECH Malaga have been rewarded.
Finally, the Deans of a Lifetime Award was awarded to former diplomat Inocencio Arias for his long professional career. See you next year!